In order to process credit card payments, a service provider is required to have PCI certification. The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) is an information security standard defined by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining secure network systems
- Protecting, and encrypting, the data of our customers
- Log monitoring and management
- Keeping client information confident and secure
- Preventing traffic from known un-trusted sources (IPRM)
PCI-DSS requires an independent PCI qualified security assessor to validate and certify their system.