A CPaaS, or Communications Platform as a Service, is commonly known as a cloud-based platform that provides developers with tools to add real-time voice, text, and other messaging features to their applications without the need to build back-end infrastructures. Typically, CPaaS specifications and features support telecommunications applications and expose its features and functionality through RESTful API interfaces.
The biggest problem with this type of CPaaS happens when your voice and text applications need to keep up with customer demands and offer services such as payments, surveys, healthcare interactions, and redundant networks. When this happens, your developers need to pay attention to a growing list of security and compliance demands. A Managed CPaaS can solve this problem, and to understand what that is, let’s first look at Managed IaaS.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is a proven way to reduce IT costs while ensuring scalability, security, uptime, and disaster recovery. Having its roots in managed website hosting hardware, contemporary providers offer cloud-based computing, applications, and IT functions for enterprises from small businesses to Fortune 100 corporations. But with complexity comes the potential for confusion and a jumble of solutions that hamper business goals.
That complexity is why companies are frequently turning to Managed IaaS. Migrating to IaaS, followed by day-to-day management, requires new technical skills and knowledge and can be a time-consuming process. A Managed IaaS ensures the design, migration, and management of your new cloud infrastructure and applications goes off without a hitch. All software updates, security, compliance, and backups are managed for you. With your infrastructure and enterprise applications now “outsourced” to experts, the load is off your IT staff, and they can focus on the business.
Just as cloud infrastructure offers enterprises reduced costs and increased reliability and efficiencies, so too does cloud communications platforms. But with customer service being the top priority of every business, there are different concerns. Today’s consumer readily switches brands after one bad experience. Your communications needs are likely evolving well beyond what your IT staff can accomplish with a collection of APIs. A Managed CPaaS is an opportunity to “outsource” your communications applications to experts and refocus your IT staff on the business.
A Managed CPaaS mirrors the concept of a Managed IaaS. A team of experts manages all your communications applications, software updates, security, compliance, voice recognition, voice prompts, and telecommunications integrations. And just as many Managed IaaS providers offer business applications, you have access to communications applications like IVR, call routing, and more. Our Compass Automation Platform is a Managed CPaaS that comes with a full-stack of communications applications.
Compass Automation Platform
Full-Stack Managed CPaaS
First and foremost, a Managed Communications Platform as a Service must encompass all the core components necessary to create and host voice and text applications.
- Visual IDE: a drag-and-drop interface for designing interactions
- API Integration: connect to your data
- Voice: inbound and outbound voice
- SMS: inbound and outbound text
- Staging Environment: test applications before a public launch
- Secure Data Storage: a secure integrated database
- Pegging & Reporting: logging every action in the platform
- Speech Recognition: 30+ languages and dialects for voice commands
- Audio File Management: store and manage voice prompts
- Text to Speech: dynamic voice prompts in 30+ languages and dialects
- Call Recording: record and store calls for voice analytics
- Call Routing: route calls on nearly any rule
- Core Payments: integrations with 17 payment processors and gateways
- Redundancy: failover from redundant networks and databases
- Carrier Agnostic: works with your current telecommunications provider
As a managed platform, we’re your communications infrastructure system administrator.
- RespOrg: toll-free and local phone numbers provided
- Carrier Management: a redundant network of telecommunications carriers
- PCI DSS Level-1 Service Provider: the highest level of PCI certification
- Security: SOC2 mapped to HITRUST controls
- Compliance: compliant with HIPAA requirements
Managed CPaaS Applications
As a full-stack CPaaS, the Compass Automation Platform offers a core set of communications applications for voice and text. And as a managed platform, we take care of your systems’ integrations and match the application flow with your business needs.
- Payments: fully automated and secure payments for voice and text
- Surveys: get instant consumer feedback through voice surveys
- Broadcast: outbound messaging and alerts in voice and text
- Contact Center Automation: self-serve voice and text interactions
Managed CPaaS, It Just Makes Sense
The requirements of enterprise telecommunications have become more complex as consumers demand instant and exceptional service through multiple modalities. CPaaS platforms intend to give organizations the tools to meet those demands through APIs for developers. But not every organization has the talent to take advantage of these tools.
The complexities of cloud infrastructure and computing created the need for Managed Infrastructure as a Service. IaaS is a mature component of the PaaS, or Platform as a Service industry, and Managed IaaS is a natural evolution. The CPaaS is a relatively new entry, and with the growing complexities of enterprise telecommunications, a Managed CPaaS is the logical next step.
Contact us to learn more about our Managed CPaaS and the advantages for your business.