The other day, I forgot to take care of the electric bill on the due date. I came home from work and saw the statement on the kitchen table so I would be sure not to forget it. Fortunately, the company that handles my electricity must have been feeling a rare moment to generosity. Good thing too because otherwise, I’d have to write this blog post on paper by candlelight.
Since my electric company allows me to make a utility payment by phone, I was able to follow the prompts, authorize the payment, and get a confirmation number. A few years ago, this wouldn’t have been possible. I’d likely have to spend my next day’s lunch break at a payment drop-off center. That’s because at this point, sending a payment in the mail would likely be out of the question.
Accept payments by phone and make life easier for your customers.
Your customers don’t have to buy stamps or wait in line to pay their utility bill. Utility payments are processed within minutes and your customers can check their balances to be sure their accounts are up to date.
A secure Pay by Phone solution allows customers to pay their bills automatically, without needing assistance from a live agent. Customers can call a toll-free number, enter their account information, check their balance, and make a payment. Payments are processed immediately, even after business hours or on weekends. Not only will your customers be happier with faster processing, they may find it more convenient to pay in the first place, and as a result the amount of late payments will be reduced.
Some customers will swear by using checks, maybe some prefer to pay online. When you offer multiple options, you’ll be able to accommodate customers and your company. Customers will be happy to have a system that accepts their preferred method of payment. Accepting credit card information, or bank routing numbers, an over the phone utility payment processing solution will increase the awareness of energy usage, and billing rate. Using our system and processing, you are able to get your payments processed faster and create a cashflow that goes directly into your company’s account. No more waiting while checks clear.
Simplify Dispute Management.
With an over the phone utility payment solution, companies are to streamline payment processing and to streamline vendor dispute management. If a customer has an issue with their billing history, it’s simple to look up via an online platform that shows when the caller called in, when the transaction took place and the amount paid.
A great Pay By Phone solution will offer several connection options:
- Inbound IVR – The customer calls a toll-free number, enters their account information, and makes a payment. They are given a confirmation number and can be transferred to a live attendant if necessary.
- Outbound IVR – The customer receives a text or call reminding them of an upcoming payment or one that is past due. They can then make an immediate payment and have the option to connect to a live agent.
- Click-to-Pay – If a company’s website offers a click-to-pay option, the customer can enter their phone number and receive an automated call that can tell them their balance.
Your Utility Payment Solution Needs to be Secure
PayIT is our IVR payment solution that allows your customers to be able to make payments by phone without risking their personal information. IVR Technology Group dedicates itself to protecting your customer’s data. That’s why we built our phone payment solution, PayIT, with data security in mind. Our company is PCI Level 1 Compliant, the highest level of security compliance that a service provider can receive.
An Over The Phone Utility Payment Solution Is Key To Accelerating Your Accounts Receivable
- Increase utility’s customer satisfaction through a 24/7 inbound phone payment solution
- A payment is made quickly
- Customers can choose to pay their bill with credit/debit card or electronic check
- Multiple language options allow customers to choose the language of their choice
- Efficiently broadcast messages such as outbound utility notices or account reminders via nResponse