Over the last few years, mobile phones have increased in popularity and changed the way we communicate. Flurry Analytics reported that between 2012 and 2014, the amount of time consumers spent on a smart phone or mobile device increased by 62%. Some businesses have been able to adapt. They did their research, and learned about the value of texting special offers to their customers. Target recently reported that 60% of their online traffic, between the holiday months of November and December, came from mobile devices.
Google partnered with Nielsen to better understand how people used their mobile devices to make a purchase1. In their survey, they discovered that about 93% of the people that used mobile phones to research a product or service went on to make a purchase. They also discovered that 55% of uses will make a purchase within the first hour of research.
It’s no question that businesses need to take advantage of this. While this is a good idea, allowing the customer to initiate a text conversation is a better idea. After all, 96.4% of smartphone users send text messages on their devices. 2
If so many customers research a company’s website before making a purchase, how can a business better meet a customer’s needs? The answer is Interactive Text Response (ITR). ITR allows a customer to text a business.
How Does it Work?
- – Your customer can get the same information and services they would from a inbound calling IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system.
- – Consumers will receive a text enabled message on the mobile device begin the “buying” process.
- – Our ITR application provides a visual IVR flow for your customer to choose from what they want, whether is buying a new product, looking for a quote, checking balance, inquiring for customer service, or looking for store information, on a mobile device without talking to a representative on the phone or waiting endless in queue. It is fully automated!
What are the Benefits?
- – Your business can provide real time answers to a customer’s questions.
- – Customers can place orders using a text
- – Your customer is not waiting on hold for an indefinite period of time.
ITR is beneficial to a multitude of businesses. Customers can not only order flowers and candy for Valentine’s Day, book a restaurant, order a piece of jewelry, and pick it up at the store. The possibilities are endless.
Best of all, ITR doesn’t require any additional equipment to make it happen. In fact, your business doesn’t even need a separate phone number. Your business can use its existing phone number to accept incoming text messages from your customers.
1 – Mobile Path to Purchase: Five Key Findings – Think with Google
2 – ARBITRON Published: 02/12/2013
Latest posts by Andrew F (see all)
- What Can The SSA Spring Conference Teach Storage Professionals? - March 8, 2017
- Does Your Business Need a Cloud Based Contact Center? - February 14, 2017
- How To Setup a Contact Center for Success - February 8, 2017
- IVR for Medical Billing and Why You Need To Use It - January 26, 2017
- How To Use An IVR Payment Solution In Insurance - January 26, 2017