Without explanation, most people don’t know what IVR stand for or what it does.
A common, baseline definition of IVR sounds something like, “Interactive voice response is the technology that enables humans to interact with an automated system via the key pad on their phones. “
The next line in the conversation typically goes something like this: “Those automated systems are so annoying. They never get me to the right person and they’re a huge waste of my time. Why can’t I just speak to a human?!”
To be fair, many IVR systems are set up poorly. They route callers through an endless loop, menu options don’t match callers’ needs, and callers are asked to enter a ton of account info, only to repeat when they finally do reach a person.
But, when expertly set up, IVR can actually be extremely helpful and beneficial to both businesses and their customers.
How IVR works:
Features of IVR Systems:
- Manage high call volumes
- Provide after-hours customer service
- Prioritize urgent calls
- Gather info about callers
- Intelligent call routing
Benefits of IVR Software:
- Streamlines calls, reducing customer wait times
- Eliminates the need for live agents to staff call centers 24/7, so basic customer support can be provided after your business is closed
- Ensures extremely important or emergency calls are answered in a timely manner to increase customer satisfaction
- Identifies callers and their reason for caller prior to making a connection with a live agent
- Intelligent call routing increases customer resolution: by directing calls to the agent best suited to assist the call, more problems will be resolved faster
What to Look for in an IVR Technology Provider:
- Comprehensive reporting, available in real time
- Flexibility & scalability
- Compliant technology
- Integration options
- Call recording capabilities
- 24/7 customer support
For information on IVR Tech’s Custom IVR Solutions, call us at 800-438-1709 or 716-250-2800. You can also fill out our contact form or e-mail us & we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. For more information on IVR Tech’s call tracking services, click here.
Latest posts by Kristen S (see all)
- Marketing & Lead Gen Tips for Self-Storage Businesses - September 3, 2015
- IVR Technology Group’s Pay by Phone Achieves PCI Level 1 Compliance – Highest Compliance Level for Service Providers - September 2, 2015
- Collect Self Storage Rent with Payment Reminder Notifications & Pay by Phone - August 27, 2015
- Utilities: Use a Pay by Phone Solution to Reduce Delinquent Payments - August 21, 2015
- IVR Tech is on the Fast Track to Success! - August 14, 2015