Without explanation, most people don’t know what an IVR Solution does. A common, baseline definition of IVR sounds something like, “Interactive voice response is the technology that enables humans to interact with an automated system via the keypad on their phones. “
The next line in the conversation typically goes something like this: “Those automated systems are so annoying. They never get me to the right person and they’re a huge waste of my time. Why can’t I just speak to a human?!”
To be fair, many IVR systems are set up poorly. They route callers through an endless loop, menu options don’t match callers’ needs, and callers are asked to enter a ton of account info, only to repeat when they finally do reach a person.
But, when expertly set up, IVR can actually be extremely helpful and beneficial to both businesses and their customers.
How IVR works:
Features of IVR Systems:
- Manage high call volumes
- Provide after-hours customer service
- Prioritize urgent calls
- Gather info about callers
- Intelligent call routing
10 Benefits of an IVR Solution:
- Streamline calls – reduce customer wait times
- 24/7 Service – Eliminates the need for live agents to staff call centers 24/7. Automated customer support helps customers even after your business is closed
- Improved Contact – Answer extremely important or emergency calls in a timely manner to increase customer satisfaction
- Caller ID – An IVR can identify callers and their reason for caller prior to making a connection with a live agent
- Intelligent call routing – Customer resolution is increased when calls go to the agent best suited to assist the call
- Reduce Hold Time – Due to transferring to the correct department, it would resolve problems faster
- Efficient customer service – When agents meet the needs of the customers, this increases the efficiency of customer service.
- Know who handled the call – Know which department got the most calls with Call Detail Reports.With this in mind, this can help with scalability.
- Reduce operational costs – When calls go directly to agents working from home. In addition, this will reduce operational costs.
- Increase professionalism – an IVR system will let your agent know who the customer is, and how to help..
What to Look for in an IVR Technology Provider:
- Comprehensive reporting, available in real time
- Flexibility & scalability
- Compliant technology
- Integration options
- Call recording capabilities
- 24/7 customer support
Latest posts by ivrtech (see all)
- How to Measure Digital Marketing - July 16, 2015
- 10 Benefits of an IVR Solution and What You Should Know - October 28, 2014