IVR Technology Group will be attending the 2016 Florida Self Storage Association Conference and EXPO. The event will be taking place in Orlando from May 11th thru the 13th.
This multi-day event will begin with a pre-conference program featuring Anne Ballard, Stacie Maxwell, Scott Zucker, and Summit Construction on Wednesday. Thursday, the 12th will feature breakout sessions, a tradeshow floor, and educational activities.
One of the keynote sessions will be delivered exclusively by Courage Crafters, featuring best-selling authors Richard Fenton & Andrea Waltz. Their session, Go for No! The audience will learn how to gain enthusiasm with regards to prospecting, handle rejection, and how to deal with mental fatigue.
Spencer Kirk, CEO of Extra Space Storage will also deliver the state of the industry keynote address. His keynote is titled, “Disruption in Storage? Evolution, Not Revolution.” He believes that if the industry learns to adapt to threats to the industry, that 2016 will be a great year.
Various other breakout educational sessions will also be featured, such as :
- A Digital Transaction Management Panel moderated by Jim Ferguson of SiteLink.
- A look at pop-culture’s effect on the self-storage industry, hosted by Cheli Rosa of Storagestuff.bid
- A panel on how technology enhances the self-storage industry, hosted by Robert Chiti of OpenTech Alliance
- The Rise of Multi-Story Facilities storage facilities hosted by Ben Baffer and Carlos Lorenzo of Kaufman Lynn Construction
- Financing options, and what a lender looks for in the financing process
hosted by Terry Campbell of Live Oak Bank
- The expo will also feature a live auction to benefit the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation .
For the self-storage industry, Florida is the place to be. SpareFoot, an online marketplace for self-storage consumers, recently released a list of “America’s Top 20 Cities for Storage Auctions.” While the top position went to Marietta, GA; Florida managed to occupy the highest concentration of positions on the list with 12 out of 20 entries.