Girl Scout cookie sales recently began in various parts of the country. If you have a craving for Thin Mints and haven’t seen Daisys, Brownies or Juniors outside your local supermarket, they have an app that will let you find where cookies are sold. Yes, they’re delicious but… there is more to the story than what is in the box.
The Girls Scouts sold their first cookies at a bake sale in Muskogee, Oklahoma in 1917. Nearly 100 years later that expanded to a cookie empire valued at over $700 million. How did a business manage to grow, from such humble beginnings? Because the organization saw the opportunity to:
- promote and market a product
- promote awareness of their brand
- establish uniform standard for pricing and quality control
It’s because of these sales that Girl Scouts learn powerful skills that will apply to their adult lives in the business world. They learn how to set goals, maintain a budget, make business decisions, make cold sales (which is quite brave), and business ethics.
The Girl Scouts thrive on brand awareness and maintaining a positive image in their community. These are the qualities any business should apply to be successful. Namely, an effective way to promote your brand in a way that will garner the attention of your customers. A mass text broadcast solution is one example of how you can do this.
- Inform your customers via a text message about a new item
- Send coupons or special VIP offers
- Appointment reminders that tell customers to stop by
- Get feedback from customer surveys
Text messages have a 98% open rate, and 90% of those messages are read within minutes of receipt. With the right amount of incentive, like an offer or discount, customers will be willing to subscribe and hear from you. Text messages are also a handy way to remind customers that used your service in the past to come back. Fortunately, IVR Technology makes this easy with mass text broadcast solutions that can allow you to get messages and offers to your customers whenever you need.
Latest posts by Andrew F (see all)
- What You Need To Know About PCI Compliance In Your Small Business - May 25, 2017
- Why should you implement a Cloud Solution in a Small Business? - May 23, 2017
- Understanding AWS and the Opportunities it Provides - April 19, 2017
- What Is The Best Call Routing Strategy For Your Business? - April 13, 2017
- Does Your Business Need a Cloud Based Contact Center? - April 11, 2017